Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pre-Vacation

Hello readers!

I only have 2 more days to work until I'm off for 3 glorious weeks! I am SO ready for this vacation. Dear, #3 and I are flying to San Jose, CA, then driving our rental car (medium size, 4-door something or other) through NoCal, Oregon and Washington. We'll eventually wind up back in the San Francisco area to fly home from Oakland. The flight was cheaper that way.

Hmmm, I hope I remembered to schedule our rental car drop-off at Oakland instead of San Jose. Note to self...

Our hotel itinerary is already set, so we know where we'll be laying our heads every night. It's the daytime excursions that are open to spontenaity and flights of whimsy. But we know we'll be seeing (in no particular order) giant redwoods, the Pacific Coast Highway, Mt. Ranier, Multnomah Falls, Mt. Hood, Crater Lake, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, that one steep street in San Fran with all the nose-to-nose houses, and taking at least one "Grey's Anatomy" ferry ride while we're in Seattle. One can only hope that we'll run into Derek and/or Izzie...are they filming now?

Because my previous blogging efforts have been on (shhhh) myspace, I'm learning how to navigate and post photos to this new site. I'm relatively savvy when it comes to all things computer, so I'll get the hang of it.

Here's a trial pic just to see if I'll need remedial instruction in Photo Posting 101. It's from #3's recent graduation activities. (Hallelujah!) Looks like my mother and Dear both could use some remedial instruction in Photo Posing 101! LOL #3 has it down to an art.

Well, that was easy enough. I'm good to go!

Let the countdown begin...

ttfn
(that means "ta ta for now" for all you NON-Winnie-the-Pooh & Tigger insiders)

p.s. I love to know who's reading along with me, so leave me a comment or three!

1 comment:

Ana said...

me! me, me, me! I LOVE READING all the details and stories of your vacations! I so much enjoyed last years and I'm happy to say I know I'll enjoy this one as well! Thanks for letting us in...
Ana