Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tuesday, June 23, Lazy Day, Cottonwood, and Bristol Mountain

The boyz wanted to do some more jeeping today, so they got up early and took off. We had decided that us girls would have a lazy day and then we would meet the guys at the Cottonwood Cove at 5-ish to return the jeep and have dinner (and Blue Bell!) at the little restaurant there. They took some snacks with them so they were set for the day's adventures.


K and I slept in and then just lazed around enjoying the cool weather and the silence. I got ready and went up to the lodge again for some computer time. Unfortunately, the bills and school obligations don't stop for vacation! I took snacks with me so I could settle in for a good long session. Eventually K came up to the lodge and uploaded some of her pictures, too.


The guys got back from their jeeping about 2:30 instead of 5:30, so K went back to the cabin. I stayed at the lodge because I wanted to catch a live lecture for my finance class since the lectures are usually when I'm at work (5 p.m. CST). I've never gotten to be in on a live session, and I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to catch the live session at 4:00.


It started pouring down rain at 3:30 and, of course, my umbrella was at the cabin. Oh well, I've lived this long without melting, it probably won't happen now. At 3:55, I logged onto the web portal and waited while the hamster churned. Everything went like clockwork until it got to the authentication screen for the live session itself. Nothing. No authentication available. You are not authorized to access this live class session. Uh, hello? I paid my tuition just like every other student!! Try again. Nothing. No authentication available. You are not authorized to access this live class session.

Rats. I know that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over trying to get a different outcome. So I only tried it one more time, you know, just in case...Nothing. No authentication available. You are not authorized to access this live class session.

Fine.

I packed up my stuff, called Dear and told him I was ready. He brought the Pilot and B&K drove the jeep and we all headed to Cottonwood Cove in the pouring rain. The drive took about 20 minutes and it was sunny when we got there. B took care of the jeep return, then we all sat down for dinner. B and I had chicken, Dear and K had spaghetti. Another good meal with pleasant company and a quiet dining ambience. K got blackberry cobbler to go and Dear and I got Blue Bell. Just like home!

We drove back to the cabin after dinner and B&K wanted to chill for the evening. Dear and I got in the Pilot for an early evening drive out to the Rio Grande Reservoir. The road to the reservoir runs east/west opposite Bristol Mountain and affords incredible views of Bristol. I'd like to have one of the houses at the foot of that mountain. It's just magnificent. We took some pictures along the way, of course.

Back at the cabin, B had gone fishing in the river and K was watching a movie, "The Holiday." Great movie (yeah, it's a chick-flick, but still a great movie). We all sat down and finished watching it and then the other three decided to go to bed. It was all of 10:15, so I finished "Return" and started "Rejoice" before I turned off the light at midnight.

ttfn

No comments: